Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Comcastic

I have to tell you this story, and I'm sure many of you have your own Comcast stories, so pass them along. Last week we called Comcast because four of our channels just suddenly disappeared. Yes, that's right, poof gone. Now, Joy and I are on the we barely watch anything and don't have the money to pay your prices plan, which is such a "basic" plan that they don't even advertise it:) So, we should be getting about fourteen channels, and when one just up and disappeared we got a little testy. Anyway, I called about the channels and they said we actually should have those channels because we're paying for them and they would need to send someone out. They sent someone out when Joy was at home and the guy couldn't figure out what was going on, so he called a supervisor who also had no clue. I don't know, it seems simple to me. Should we have had those channels in the first place? OR were we just getting them because of a fluke? After the technician got off the phone, he went and removed the filter in our back yard basically opening up the floodgates of channels into our TV. He was pretty irritated with Joy and basically said, "I don't know what the problem is, so I just took off the filter, so you should get like fifty channels now!" AND on his way out he said, "Oh by the way, don't call Comcast again because they may come back and put the filter back on." (translation: I'm not supposed to be doing what I'm doing, but I'm doing it anyway; you and your brood of children stop bothering me!) Now, you might be wondering what my problem is. Like hey Steve, what's wrong, now you've got lots of TV channels, why not just let it go, but I didn't. I called today, I mean it is unethical and all and talked to someone again. I spoke with a representative who was less than enthusiastic about our conversation (what is it about Comcast, noone seems to enjoy their job?) and she said, "Well sir, you're paying the basic price, so what's the problem?" To which I said, "I'm just letting you know that we're paying the basic price, but we're getting TONS of stations!" There was silence; I'm not sure she didn't knew what to say, so I repeated myself, "I just don't want to be unethical, I mean we're only paying for basic, so... we shouldn't be getting so many channels." Well she was irritated of course and basically couldn't understand what my problem was, but promised to send another technician out to look into things. I sure hope it wasn't the first guy:) All of this to say, I did what I should have done a long time ago, and checked the internet to see what stations we should actually be getting and guess what. The four we lost, we shouldn't have ever gotten in the first place:) Oops, I guess we could have avoided all this with a simple google search!

1 comment:

  1. How generous of you to blame yourself for not knowing something that a Comcast employee should have known and been able to explain to you in the first place.
    -Gina

    ReplyDelete